Steven R. Cole, MAI, SRA
Phone: (520) 327-0000
FAX: (520) 327-3974
P.O. Box 16156
Tucson, AZ 85732
6021 E. Grant Road
Tucson, AZ 85712
(Located within the Old Farm Executive Park)
Southwest Appraisal Associates has been in business since 1982. The firm's only line of business is providing real estate appraisal and consultation services to clients in Tucson and all other areas of Arizona, with the exception of Maricopa County.
Assignments in all aspects of the real estate appraisal field have been completed by the firm. These include commercial, shopping centers, office buildings, airport properties, medical buildings, single-family and multi-family residential, restaurants, special purpose properties and vacant land.
The firm also specializes in absorption studies, feasibility studies, marketability studies.
The firm has completed multiple assignments for government agencies such as Arizona Department of Transportation, Pima County and the City of Tucson. This includes condemnation and right-of-way appraisals.
The following are the highlights of our appraisal staff.
Steven R. Cole, MAI, SRA
- Member of the Appraisal Institute. Arizona General Certified Real Estate Appraiser 30130.
- Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI), Certification Number 6080.
- Senior Residential Appraiser (SRA), of the Appraisal Institute.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree with high honors, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1971.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, University of California, Los Angeles, 1973.
Associate Faculty, Pima Community College for “Real Estate Appraisal Principals” and “Basic Valuation Procedures”, 2000-2005. Instructor for Tucson Board of Realtors, American Bar Association, and Hogan School of Real Estate.
Formerly a Certified Instructor with the Appraisal Institute for “Highest and Best Use Applications”, “Feasibility Analysis and Highest and Best Use- Nonresidential Properties”, and “Principals and Procedures of Real Estate Appraisal”. Former Associate Faculty with the University of Arizona.
President of Southern Arizona Chapter #116, Appraisal Institute, 1983-84. President for the Arizona State Chapter #41, Appraisal Institute, 1990. Chairman, Pima County Real Estate Research Council, 2003-2004, Director 1989-2007. Member, Tucson Airport Authority, 2007-2008.
Experience includes valuation of most types of urban real property: single and multi-family
residential, commercial, industrial, and vacant land. Experience also includes special
purpose properties, feasibility studies, leased fee and leasehold interest, counseling, and
appraisal for condemnation since 1975.
Dan R. Richards
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of Arizona, 30990.
- HUD/FHA registered appraiser
- Chief Appraiser - September 1988 to July 1992 Tracy Federal Bank, Concord, California
Richard G. Lee
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of Arizona, 31626.
- Staff appraiser since September 1999
- General practice concentrates on commercial property, specializing in industrial, office, retail, apartment and hotel properties. Also experienced in appraising commercial land and residential subdivisions.
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, State of Arizona, 31601.
- Staff appraiser since November 2003
- Appraisal experience includes a variety of single-family residential, commercial,
office, industrial, subdivisions, and vacant land.
Kenneth M. Meenan
- University of Arizona, BSBA, 1963. Major: General Business
- Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI) (formerly)
- Senior Residential Appraiser (SRA), Appraisal Institute (formerly)
- Arizona Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser (formerly)
Over 40 years of real estate appraising experience in southern Arizona in the commercial, industrial, and residential fields. Includes 15 years experience as a manager of the appraisal department of a savings and loan, and over 25 years as a staff appraiser in independent fee work. Appraisal of single-family/multi-residential, planned unit developments for mortgage lending, relocation, estate, private sources and repossession purposes.
Appraisal assignments have included a wide variety of residential, residential income and land appraisals.